Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:16:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Marcin Pasek <marcin@v-m.com>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Limits IF ANY...

> I have a Pentium 200 Mhz with 64RAM and 3 Gb of HD....will I have any
> problems with setup...HD too big or CPU not fast anought... ...any
> suggestions...

Nope.. uhf is was running 2.2.2-R, and is now running 3.0-971003-SNAP with
a 1.0 GB and a 6.4 GB EIDE drive.

The only problem I had is that it only has a 486/120 CPU on an older
motherboard and the BIOS doesn't support >2 GB paritions, so I had to chop
the 6.4GB drive into 4 partitions.

Expect to be buying a dual PPro-166 soon, so I'll be able to reformat and
hopefully make use of Ultra-ATA (the 6.4 GB is Ultra-ATA compliant).

The only question I have is, is wether the new LX chipset supports
Ultra-ATA.. Sure would be nice.. Anyone know?

To address your point regarding CPU speed. We did a startup with two
P5-133's.. One machine as web server/primary dns, other machine as
secondary DNS, incoming call processor.  Also had a P5-150 or 166 (I
forget now), as a news server.

The 133's were plenty fast for the task, but the news server was a tad bit
slow.

Bernie