Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 21:54:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Pontz <pontz@channel1.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
Cc:        Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Connecting to a network

Hello,
Just wanted to let you all know that I solved the problem. I had this line
in rc.conf
ifconfig_lo0_alias0="inet 127.255.255.255 netmask 0xffffffff"

I changed it to
ifconfig_lo0_alias1="same as above"

I had to put a 1 after alias instead of the 0
Thanks everyone who helped

Brian Pontz

Windows 95
32-bit extensions and a graphical shell
for a 16-bit patch
to an 8-bit operating system
originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,
written by a 2-bit company
that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.