Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:25:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      <bg24484@binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NMBUFCLUSTER and maxusers problem.

Hi,

I have been troubled by this problem for days. I have written an echo
server which echoes data from 200 bytes to 8000 bytes sent by the client
in increments of 200 bytes.
The problem occurs when the client sends 7800 bytes. In this case the
server hangs and doesnt echo the 7800 bytes. On killing the server I get
the following displayed on the console
"Out of mbuf cluster - Adjust NMBCLUSTER or increase maxusers"

So I modified the "LINT" file in the /sys/i386/conf directory with
maxusers = 256 and NMBCLUSTER = 6144 and NBUF = 3072

After building the kernel I see that the problem still persists.

Can anyone tell me why this behavior? I am working on "FreeBSD v3.3".
No other network applications are running except the echo server.

Thanks in advance,
Any help would be appreciated.
Roshan D'Mello.