Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:22:27 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   setup anon-ftp without incoming directory

When installing freebsd, one has the option to setup
anonymous ftp.  I do provide a number of files via
anonymous ftp, so I want to set that up.

In that initial setup, it seems that you must have
some 'incoming' directory.  I tried to leave that field
blank in the dialog, and I still got an 'incoming'
directory which was world writable.

Usually I remember to go back and remove that, but I
forgot on some recent install (installing 'stable',
a few months ago).  Have there been any changes to
the anon-ftp setup which would allow one to specify
NO incoming directory recently?

If not, that might be a nice change to make...

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute