Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 23:04:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      igor@alecto.physics.uiuc.edu (Igor Roshchin)
To:        rif@rif.kconline.com (Jim Riffle)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trobles with limits

> I recently upgraded a couple of my 2.2-Stable servers to 2.2.5-Beta and
> appear to be having troubles with maximum open files/processes.  Sunday
> evening is when I cvsuped the source tree and made world.

<..>

I wonder, is not it better to increase the default maxusers
which is currently set to be 10
(unless that was change just recently).
All people I know, who have their computers on the network
as any type of servers (ftp/httpd/...) reconfigure that number to
a bigger one  (I set it 32, but it can be smaller).
Otherwise one gets the message that the limit of opened files is reached.

(It is possible to change the formulae the values
are calculated from the maxusers, but it doesn't seem to be reasonable)

IgoR