Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:07:43 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   8-bit characters anyone?

I have an odd problem. I can't get any 8-bit characters
to show up after an upgrade.

On the console nothing happens after I run kbdmap and choose Swedish
ISO-8859-1. It just beeps, and prints the non-Swedish characters like
before.

In KDE, after having added my own xmodmap to the .xinitrc file, I though
that they might appear. No such luck. Even after setting the keyboard
layout on Control Panel/Regional/Keyboard Layout to Swedish do they not
appear.

Oddly enough, in emacs everything looks like it should!

What am I missing, and what didn't I do after the upgrade?

/Andreas