Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:17:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Extended dos partitions

Hello everybody!

FreeBSD is supposed to support mounting of dospartitions, primary as well
as extended. I can mount my primary dos partition, it works great. But
how do I mount the second, extended partition? I think it works when you
have all partitions on the same disk, but that's not the case here. I
have one SCSI-disk with FreeBSD 2.1.6R, and a second disk with two dos
partitions, primary and extended. I can mount the first dos partition,
but not the second one.
So, my question is: Is there any way for me to mount the extended dos
partition on the second disk? I've not subscribed to this list, so I
would be glad if send answers directly to me.

Thank in advance

/Jakob Alvermark

 Teligent AB, P.O. Box 213, S-149 23 Nynäshamn, Sweden
Telephone +46-(0)8 520 660 00 * Fax +46-(0)8 520 193 36
 Direct +46-(0)8 520 660 32 * GSM +46-(0)70 792 16 57