Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:20:06 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        Johan Pettersson <johpe159@student.liu.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP aliasing

Yes, you can use Apache virtual host directives for cnames to the same
IP address, example:

www.theircompany.com = 216.94.149.9,
www.someother.com = CNAME to www.theircompany.com
www.another.com = CNAME to www.theircompany.com
All run from the same webserver, but all produce a different site;
here's whatcha need in the httpd.conf file for Apache:

NameVirtualHosts  216.94.149.9

<VirtualHost www.theircompany.com>
# Place all the options/directories/etc for theircompany.com in here

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.someother.com>
# same idea...just keep creating new VirtualHost's
</VirtualHost>

Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com
Windsor Match Plate & Tool Ltd.