Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 07:45:10 -0500
From:      Andrew Knapp <knappster@knappster.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound card channels

I have a CMedia CMI8738 sound card that is built onboard. I am trying to get the rear channels to work (the card uses the line-in jack as outputs to the rear speakers, i have a 4.1 speaker set that connects to it). So far I am having no luck. I am able to listen to sound fine, but only through the front two speakers.
I am getting these messages in /var/log/messages, but don't know what they mean:
/usr/src/sys/vm/uma_core.c:1330: could sleep with "pcm0" locked from /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c:163

I also get this when I boot up:
2nd 0xc402d980 pcm0:play:0 (pcm channel) @ /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/channel.c:441

I've tried setting the hw.snd.pcm0.vchans and hw.snd.maxautochans sysctl settings, but they haven't worked, and i feel that's probably not my problem anyway.

I am running -CURRENT, so if the the -CURRENT mailing list is a better place to post, just let me know.

TIA,
Andy

uname -a output:
FreeBSD antichrist 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Fri Jan 17 06:19:18 EST 2003     knappster@antichrist:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ANTICHRIST  i38