Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:58:51 +0700 (NOVST)
From:      "Denis I. Timofeev" <timofeev@granch.ru>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   A question about submitting new drivers

	Our company, Granch, Ltd (http://www.granch.com), is manufacturer
of data communication equipment. For a few years we offer a FreeBSD driver
for leased line modems SBNI12, rather widely used in Russia. Is it able
to include this driver to FreeBSD distribution ?
	The driver isn't hard to integrate: we should create sys/dev/sbni
subdirectory, copy three .c and two .h files there, and patch some
existing files (sys/conf/files, sys/conf/files.i386, sys/net/if_mib.h,
sys/i386/i386/userconfig.c). Additionally, there is a small configuration
utility which may be stored in src/sbin/i386/sbniconfig subdirectory,
like cxconfig.

wbr, Denis Timofeev
system programmer of Granch, Ltd.

p.s. Sorry for my English.