Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 18:25:21 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        jon@technix.org (Basket Case)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/hosts.deny not working & PCVT Problems when returning from remote sites

>From the keyboard of Basket Case:

> PCVT problems.  When I telnet to other sites and set the term emulation as
> VT220, when i log out, the screen gets messed up on my side -- everything
> prints on one line, or only 24 out of 25 lines (the top line  gets
> chopped off) show up.

Obviously this is a problem of something setting the scrollregion incorrectly.

When you run pcvt in HP mode (scon -H) and 28 line display (scon -s 28),
you'll get a function key labelled "Display Functions" with which you can
display the codes sent to the screen.

To debug something i need the information what goes wrong ....

> SCON shows a slight error:
>
> VGA Chipset Manufacturer = S3 Incorporated
> VGA Chipset type = Unknown

This is no error, this chipset is not known by pcvt because i don't own one,
and so i cannot detect (or better verify the detection code) S3 968 chipsets.

Either you extend the chipset detection code in pcvt (because you CAN verify
it's operation) or you send me you board so i can do it ..... ;-)

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis           hm@altona.hamburg.com              Hamburg, Europe
                                              (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nstall BSD ?