Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:17:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sten <sten@blinkenlights.nl>
To:        "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: hme0 -- 0x20000 error (no rx descs)

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Andrew R. Reiter wrote:

> Today I used the ISO from people.freebsd.org/~jake/sparc64/ and got my
> ultra60 going and got the distribution installed and it's all working fine
> so far ... except hme0 :))  I keep getting errors like:
>
> # ifconfig hme0 x.x.x.y netmask 0xfffffff0
> # hme0: error signaled, status=0x20101
>
> # hme0: error signaled, status=0x20101
>
> # ping x.x.x.x
> PING x.x.x.x (x.x.x.x): 48 data bytes
> hme0: error signaled, status=0x20101
> hme0: error signaled, status=0x20001
> hme0: error signaled, status=0x20101
> hme0: too may errors; not reporting any more
> ping: sendto: Host is down

Well the kernel from that iso dies when doing a make buildworld
( on my dual u60 atleast ). With a new single proc kernel I also
saw the hme problem, a reboot solved it for me. It looks like hme
hardware enters a borked state for some reason.

No clue on the resolution though :(.

--
Sten Spans

  "What does one do with ones money,
   when there is no more empty rackspace ?"