Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        MET <met@uberstats.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 Upgrade ||  XFree86 version

On 2002-08-15, Kent Stewart scribbled:

# This should do it. I didn't have to do anything but pkg_delete -r
# "XFree86*". Since everything that used it was for version 3.3.6, I had
# to reinstall everything. The other gotcha is leaving the version 3
# /etc/XF86Config. I had to rename it before it would start and
# configure properly.
#
# Since you are getting qt-3.0.5_1 as broken, you may have
# XFREE86_VERSION set to version 3 in make.conf.

I have XFREE86_VERSION commented out in both /etc/defaults/make.conf and
/etc/make.conf (which is a trimmed down version of the default).

I was able to build qt-3.0.5_1 on my FreeBSD machine, which I installed
XFree86-4.2.0 along with the original FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE install... not
from Ports or from the binary package (4.6-R switched the default
XFree86 version from 3.3.6 to 4.2.0).

--

Linh Pham                                         lplist@closedsrc.org
Webmaster and FreeBSD Geek                        http://closedsrc.org