Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 1995 08:44:01 -0500
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Wow! (2.1.0 is much better than 2.0.5)

Well, I thought someone would be interested in hearing my
opinion of 2.1.

As soon as I overlaid a 2.0.5 machine, (the overlay process
was fantastic, by the way) I was totally impressed.

I'd say, subjectively, my machine has sped up at least 25%!

I notice a large decrease in disk activity, which I presume
to be better swap behavior.  Things come up much faster (as
is evidenced by my login, where a lot of X11 thingies get
cranked up.)

I don't know if it's the kernel, or the perhaps the new
version of X11 is linked with a different malloc() - but things
are much improved over 2.0.5.

	  Great work!
	- Dave Rivers -