Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:30:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Jesper Wallin" <z3l3zt@phucking.kicks-ass.org>
To:        <seamusjr@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MySQL hostname error when installing from ports

Hello.

I had the same problem when I installed MySQL.. This is corrected by adding
your hostname in the end of your host line in /etc/hosts.

Example: (Wrong)
192.168.1.21           freebsd.owns.me

Example: (Right)
192.168.1.21           freebsd.owns.me         freebsd

Well, I don't really know why but when I runned Slackware I was reading
something about NEVER set a hostname for 127.0.0.1, I don't know if it's
good or bad here but I shouldn't do it because of my Slackware expcerience.

Jesper aka Z3l3zT