Date:      Sat, 26 Feb 2000 16:24:13 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        rakukin@mail.ru
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: X authorization

On 26 Feb, A. Rakukin wrote:

[CC striped]

> sshd is not running on the host which has been accessed...
> I am aware of the X-connections forwarding ability of ssh,
> but it is not the case...

[...]

> I know that xhost is insecure. But it worked earlier!
> And now I have a situation as follows: I merely start X (via xdm) on host A,
> no windows/commands there, then go to host B,
> type `export DISPLAY=A:0; xterm' and see xterm window
> opened on the display of A! Then test `xhost' on A and see no hosts allowed...

Is your ${HOME} shared between those hosts?

What does "xauth list" print (don't post it here, look at it carefully
by yourself)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
          Sarcasm is just one of the many services we offer.

http://www.Leidinger.net                  Alexander+Home @ Leidinger.net
  Key fingerprint = 7423 F3E6 3A7E B334 A9CC  B10A 1F5F 130A A638 6E7E