Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:30:25 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        "Dr. Lyman Hazelton" <lrh@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        tech@freebsdmall.com
Subject:   Re: Serial Ports are there, but not in /dev

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 08:18:58AM -0700, Dr. Lyman Hazelton wrote:
> However, they don't show up as devices in /dev.  Anyone have some idea
> why the system might not like them, and how I can get them to show up
> as devices?  I have a serial PalmPilot (actually, a Kyocera phone)
> I'd like to be able to use with KPilot.

Well, are you looking for /dev/cua* and /dev/ttyd* or are you looking
for /dev/sio*?  The latter is not the correct device name.  Please see
the Handbook chapter on this subject and let us know if you are still
having trouble :

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/serial.html

	- Murray