Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 13:15:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Which motherboard for Duron?

Hi:

I have had a very unfortunate experience with some 'cheap'
motherboards lately. I have talked around and it seems
that Asus makes a solid mb for a reasonable price (yes,
price is still a concern, but no more cheapo mb's for me.)

I plan on buying a ~800MHz Duron. What is a good mb?
I am particularly interested in hearing from people who
have actual experience with the hardware they may recommend.

If you rebuild your kernel and do make world type work
on a FreeBSD 4.3 system and have a solid hardware setup
I would like to know what it is. (I am tired of the misery
my hardware has put me through.)

BTW, I found this mb listed on the net, does anyone
know if it is any good?

 MBA ASUS A7SVM (5P,2D) Aud+Video+Lan SIS M/ATX (RET)

I know there are a ton to choose from, but I have relatively
little experience with mb's. Please excuse my naivete.

Thanks much.

Jim Freeze
jim@freeze.org