Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 2010 22:04:22 +0000
From:      David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Moving flex and yacc to contrib/, all hell breaks loose?

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 10:33:31PM +0100, Ulrich Sp??rlein wrote:
> See the wiki page, it will point you to
> http://invisible-island.net/byacc/byacc.html
> where Thomas Dickey has been updating byacc regularly over the past
> decade.

I just did a diff of /usr/src/usr.bin/yacc and byacc-20100610.
The changes aren't that large (when ignoring the deleted copyrights
and the code style changes (going away from, not to KNF).

I think we should just grab any good changes and leave yacc where it is.

> > lex being flex probably deserves move to contrib.
>
> So do you see any problem with the svn steps?

Yes.  Do NOT delete svn:mergeinfo properties.
(if you were to do the steps you noted)

--
-- David    (obrien@FreeBSD.org)