Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 14:15:33 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mark Huizer <xaa@xaa.stack.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   strangeness with syslogd

Hmm... my poor little syslogd that has done its job for months and
months, suddenly is in big mental trouble.
With the same syslog.conf as always (see below), it suddenly starts
putting messages like 'syslogd: '/' in "/dev//dev/ttyva" on my
console...

Anyone now a good therapist for the poor guy?

Mark

My syslog.conf:
*.notice;kern.debug;lpr,auth.info;mail.crit	/var/log/messages
mail.info					/var/log/maillog
cron.*						/dev/ttyva
*.notice;*.debug				/var/log/messages
*.alert;*.crit					/var/log/messages
*.emerg						*
*.err						/dev/console
*.err;*.notice;*.debug;cron.none		/dev/ttyvb
*.crit;*.alert;cron.none			/dev/ttyvb
- Mark Huizer  - xaa@stack.nl     - rcbamh@urc.tue.nl                   -
- We're just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl, year after year	-
- Running over the same old ground, what have we found			-
- the same old fears, oh, I wish you were here				-