Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:02:25 -0500
From:      TrouBle <trouble@hackfurby.com>
To:        Craig Critchley <craigc@nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: POP3 server problems

taken from /etc/inetd.conf

pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/popper       popper

this as an inetd service is what i have been using since the beginning of time,
and have never had a problem, nor ever had to install a pop3 from the ports
collection.... pop3 is by default a standard service for FreeBSD and it works
fine for us, always has

other then that jump into the ipop3d code and comment out the loggind to
syslog, then rebuild it.....

if you cant, let me know, i can prolly do it for you......

Thanks

TrouBle