Date:      Thu, 05 Jul 2001 12:38:06 -0500
From:      "EX 279" <ex279@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RAID Controllers

I have a Toshiba Magnia 3030 which has an Adaptec AIC 7896N onboard
controller.  The motherboard also has a RAID-port III expansion slot for an
Adaptec ARO1130U2 card.  Without the ARO Card, FreeBSD isntalls just fine.
But if I install the card and create the RAID array, FreeBSD doesn't see the
virtual drive.  DOS boot disks recoginize the drives.  The card came with
drivers for SCO Unixware.  Is there anyway to get FreeBSD to recoginze the
RAID array?  Or is there an alternative way I can have HDD redundancy
through FreeBSD?  I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.3.

Thanks,
Todd