Date:      24 Jul 2002 10:18:09 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firewall  for blocking trojan horse

At 2002-07-24T10:56:11Z, dodi agusri <dodi_tdp@yahoo.com> writes:

> 1. how to block trojan horse from infecting the IRC client on my client's
> work station ?.

You can't.  So, what do you do?

    - If the clients are only using the computer for a short time
      (i.e. renting one in an Internet cafe), write a script that completely
      deletes the user's home directory whenever they log out.

    - Keep security tight so that a trojan can only affect one user's data.

> 2. What functions on PHP that can be used to make a simple billing for my
> cyber cafe.I have explored times functions but it was seems to be
> unadequate.  I am planning to connect it with MySQL ?

How automated does it have to be?  How is your billing set up?  Are you
tracking time on the client or on the server?  There are too many
possibilities to give you a direct answer.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/