Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:57:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Harti Brandt <harti@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   fxp problem

Hi all,

I just installed 5.2.1 on a PIII with on-board fxp. It worked just fine.
After upgrading to -current as of yesterday fxp ceased to work. I poked
around a little bit and found, that it is reading all 0xffff from the
EEPROM. After further poking around I found the hint.fxp.0.prefer_iomap
and setting this to 1 makes fxp working again.

What wonders me is that the man page says that this is needed for some
alphas. I don't have an alpha, but a PIII. What also is strange is that
it worked with 5.2.1. Even rolling back the fxp driver to 5.2.1 doesn't
help so I assume it has to do with the generic resource allocation stuff?

Any ideas?
harti