Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:24:58 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        MET <met@uberstats.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PHP and Apache

> From: "MET" <met@uberstats.com>
> To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: PHP and Apache
> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:23:22 -0400
>
> First off thanks to all those who helped me out, I've finally gotten
> everything up and running.  In doing so however I've come across 3
> different options for making PHP work w/ apache.
>
>     1) PHP as a CGI through Apache
>
>     2) PHP as a shared Apache Module ( --with-apxs=[FILE] )
>
>     3) PHP as an Apache Module ( --with-apache=[FILE] )
>
> Basically, I'm wondering what's the big difference between the second
> two, and which is better.

    depends on your needs. --with-apxs creates a dynamic module, while
    --with-apache compiles php into apache. the first is easier to
    upgrade (you only need to compile new version of php [as opposed to
    php *and* apache]), the second is a bit faster.

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
5:22PM up 8 days, 3:41, 9 users, load averages: 0.05, 0.05, 0.00