Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:00:50 -0500
From:      David Leimbach <dleimbac@earthlink.net>
To:        Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to use "at"

type "at 8:00am Sunday" hit return
enter in what you want to do at that time.
"cvsup -g -L 2..."

press ctrl-d when you are done and voila you have an at task scheduled

use atq to list them.

I would recommend you use cron instead... At is only good really for one
time jobs.. <it can be made to do stuff over and over again... cron is better
for this>

Anyway if you do
"crontab -e"
you will have the editor invoked from the EDITOR environment variable
<if you didn't change it it will be vi>

the format of a cron entry is easy its :

minute-of-hour[0-59] hour-of-day[0-23] day-of-month[1-31]
month-of-year[1-12] day-of-week[0-6]

wildcards are acceptable so if you want something to run every Sunday at
8:00 AM do the following:

0 8 * * 0 command-to-run

Dave