Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:14:32 -0500
From:      Jon Radel <jon@radel.com>
To:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: harddrive encryption

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms090409090502030305040104

On 1/17/11 5:53 PM, Roland Smith wrote:
> Do not rely on a keyfile that resides on a disk in the machine (that wo=
uld
> make encryption futile)! Use a passphrase instead.

I'd think that depends on your use case.  If you're encrypting removable =

drives and then shipping them elsewhere, such as for off-site backup,=20
and you trust the physical security for the computer a lot more than you =

trust the courier and/or storage site....

Of course, I would agree that that's probably not what the OP has in=20
mind.  :-)

--=20

--Jon Radel
jon@radel.com