Date:      Sat, 4 Apr 98 11:16:54 MET DST
From:      Flemming Jacobsen <fj@login.dknet.dk>
To:        dkulp@neomorphic.com (David Kulp)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hauppauge with FM supported?

Hi,

> I'm on the verge of buying a video capture card with TV tuner.  I see
> that Hauppauge has a card that includes an FM tuner (Model 452, like
> the 401 but with FM).  This sounds attractive to me, a regular radio
> listener.  Does anyone know how this works and whether fxtv or
> something else exists for controlling/listening/recording the FM
> audio?

I've added support for the Philips radio+TV tuners to the
current bktr driver (I know that it works for the FM1216 tuner,
which is what's on my Hauppauge card. I expect it to work on
the other models too, but I've never gotten any feedback - but
no news is good news).
To control the radio tuner, I've made a small and simple application,
that you can find at: ftp: login.dknet.dk/pub/fj/radio.tgz

> Also, are there any restrictions or recommendations on sound
> cards when using these video capture cards?

As long as it has a line-in connector, it should work.

	Hyg'
	Flemming

--
Flemming Jacobsen            It'll probably say something like "Does not
                             compute" or "Inoperative parameters". That's