Date:      Thu, 12 May 2005 23:26:16 +0900
From:      JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
To:        "Mark Klein" <freebsd@dis.com>
Cc:        kame <snap-users@kame.net>
Subject:   Re: Forward: Page Fault in in6_purgeaddr

>> Forwarded to the kame folks as well as they might have already fixed
>> this in their own code.
>>
>> Can you tell us what else is going on when this happens?
>>
>> Is it random?

> It appears to happen at close to 24 hour periods ... almost 23 hours
> and 50 minutes, give or take a few minutes. Happens once per day only.
> IPv6 is NOT explicitly used at this site. Chasing the code makes it
> appear it could be related to the PPP tunnels, which I've disabled
> as of this AM to see what happens.

Hmm, this really sounds strange, since the sequence of
nd6_timer()->in6_purgeaddr(), which was an entry point of the crash,
could take place only when an IPv6 address with a finite lifetime
expires.  This could not happen if IPv6 is "NOT explicitly used".
(link-local addresses are automatically assigned unless the INET6
option is removed from the kernel configuration options, but these
addresses have an infinite lifetime and cannot be the cause of this
trouble).

It would be helpful if you can provide the result of "ifconfig -a"
under the configuration that can cause the crash.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp