Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:38:36 -0400
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   what is the ISO for 4.5R p3?

Hi All

I downloaded the 4.5R ISOs and also the 4.5R p3 ISO (which when mounted
is labeled p2) from the snapshots.jp.freebsd.org server .  What is the
p3 (or p2) ISO?  How can it be used to get me a pacthed 4.5R system?
Does it replace the Disk 1 INSTALL cd or do I use it afterwards?  (The
sizes are vastly different).  Thanks, I have never used the ISOs to
install, always using FTP installs in the past and never tracking the
RELEASE patches.  (I am now repenting).  The README and INSTALL docs on
the p3 ISO cd image are the same ones for a normal install, which
confuses me.

Thanks
Chad

ps: I am subscribed to a few freebsd lists but I am not sure I am on
-questions and the "which" command failed for me so please CC me on any
replies.  Thanks.