Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:42:39 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        knowtree@aloha.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ld-elf, libkvm out of sync, can't build ports

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 03:13:42PM +0000, knowtree@aloha.com wrote:
> Running 4.9 STABLE, fresh cvsup of src and ports. Kernel builds and
> installs fine, but none of my ports will build. gkrellm and postgresql,
> just to name a couple.
>=20
> Linking stops with error message:
>=20
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libkvm.so.2: Undefined symbol "__stder=
rp"
>=20
> It looks as if I need to update or rebuild libkvm, but I can't find
> anything that explains how.
>=20
> How can I fix this?

Looks like you dont in fact have an up-to-date 4.9-STABLE system; that
symbol is in libc (and has been for a long time now):

> objdump -T /usr/lib/libc.so.4 | grep stderrp
0008797c g    DO .data  00000004 __stderrp

Post your cvsupfile if you need additional help figuring out what went
wrong with your upgrade.

Kris

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY--