Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 15:12:00 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Matt Lazarou <optical_longhaul@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Regarding Graphical File Manager For FreeBSD-4.5-STABLE

Matt Lazarou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whenever I add the GUI File Manager for freebsd nothing appears on the
> desktop.  Even after rescanning directory devices.  This happended after
> upgrading to 4.5-stable.  Any help on how to get the icons how to
> re-appear would be more greatly apperciated.
>
> Also, I was wondering if NTFS partitions could be mounted with FreeBSD?

Well, before anyone can help you, you need to tell them which gui you
are using. There are _MANY_ of them. Some you can change and they will
be there when you start your gui up again. I use kde-2.2.2 and it has
problems.

RTFM or do a man mount_ntfs. I think it is covered in many places.
Just remember that extended logical partitions start at 5.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA