Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:08:47 +0100
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cillian@baker.ie>
To:        Morten Seeberg <morten@seeberg.dk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Commandline Makro Function

> Hi. I would like to make some makros, which could do some tasks for me
> automaticly via fx Cron.
>
> What I need the "makro-program" to do, is fx to telnet to my router, send a
> username, password, give it some commands, and logout, and the maybe do some
> BSD commands to.
>
> Or open a connection to my modem on the serial port, give it some AT
> commands, and then close the connection again.
>
> Is there such a program out there?

usually one would get cron to execute a shell script
using /bin/sh as the command interpreter for example
any freebsd commands can be put in that file

as for doing automatic telnets etc. you might want
to look at the "expect" program which as far as I know
is designed for send/expect type situations..

Regards,
- Cillian