Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:10:26 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        Frank Sullivan <sullivanf@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free BSD download

Frank Sullivan wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have just downloaded the 'free BSD version 3.5.1-RELEASE E' folder via
> ftp.  The 'Install Guide' says that I need the 'installation' floppies.
> However, I can't get access without an ID and password.  Now, I don't know
> where I am in the process.  Can you help me with this?

Anonymous ftp access is done using either ftp or anonymous as user name,
and your e-mail address as password.

BTW, read again that installation chapter at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html . I mean read it completely
before you start downloading everything in sight. After you booted the
install floppies, everything else is grabbed automatically, no need to
download anything else before.

HTH
-Christoph Sold