Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 09:34:25 -0800
From:      Jim Shankland <jas@flyingfox.COM>
To:        Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  LQR and ppp to an Ascend?

> I've had to disable/deny LQR in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf in order to connect
> with at lesat two ISPs here.
>
> One of them said there is a known "incompatibility" between LQR (at
> least with ijppp, I don't know anything about (or use) pppd) and Ascend
> boxes (which one of the ISPs uses).

Yes; I've also had to disable/deny LQR for ijppp to work with the
Ascend Pipe50 at the office.  I haven't lost any sleep over it,
but have been meaning to roll up my sleeves and take a look at the
actual bits on the wire when I get a couple of free hours.  That,
however, never actually occurs :-).

Jim Shankland
Flying Fox Computer Systems, Inc.