Date:      Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:25:04 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        stan <stanb@awod.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup'd make world and ssh id changed?

At 10:24 AM 8/5/2002 -0400, stan wrote:
>I cvsup'd my STABLE machien this weekend, and now machines that I used to
>be able to ssh to without beign prompted for a password, are now prompting
>for  a password.
>
>Is it possible that my machine key may have changed?

See /usr/src/UPDATING
Specifically,

20020704:
         OpenSSH has been upgraded to 3.4p1 and fully PAMified.  Note
         that the protocol version now defaults to 2 rather than 1,
         which means clients might get warnings about unknown host keys
         their hostfiles only list the ssh1 RSA key.  See ssh_config(5)
         and sshd_config(5) for more information on configuring ssh and
         sshd.

re: the change from the default protocol of 1 to 2.

         ---Mike