Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:42:45 +0200
From:      Dan Larsson <support@junglenote.com>
To:        "[FreeBSD-Questions-List] (E-post)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   routing on same subnet?

Hi!

A bsd3.2 box with two ethernet cards fxp0 and fxp1 is intedent to work as an ip router.
fxp0 is connected to the upstream switch where other servers and the router towards the
internet also are connected. On fxp1 all the clients are connected via a set of switches and
routers. The problem here is that I've never tried routing where the netadress and subnet is
identical on both sides of the routers ethernet cards. Can I issue host routes for the servers
connected on fxp0 or does the router realize this automatically?
I'd appreciate if someone could clarify single subnet routing with identical netaddresses

Thanks!

/D