Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2003 03:39:05 -0800
From:      "Lee Mx" <lee_ver_mx@hotmail.com>
To:        Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   results of compiling with -lmysqlclient

I just realized that when I compile with -lmysqlclient I am adding the
current version to my program or in my specific case  libmysqlclient.so.10.
When I upgrade, as I just did, to libmysqlclient.so.12, I have to recompile.
  Is there not a way to use libmysqlclient.so that is a link to the current
active version or is there some reason why that would not be a good
solution.  I seldom see problems with backwards compatability and I have
been know to create a link from the current library to the missing name
without problems when I haven't had the source handy.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

lee

Set yourself up for fun at home!  Get tips on home entertainment equipment,
video game reviews, and more here.
http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx