Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:06:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        TAOKA Satoshi <taoka@infonets.hiroshima-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ja-xemacs upgrade breaks canna input

Hello Taoka-san,

I've played with the xemacs-canna+wnn4 port, and I don't think it's quite
fixed.  (Sorry this took so long to get back.)  Some observations:

  * This port installs the "SUMO" edition of xemacs.  Somewhere up the
    xemacs food chain I suspect that something is wrong, because
    xemacs-sumo-canna+wnn4 should do this instead.  I'm trying to get
    ja-xemacs-light!  :-)

  * It depends on apel-xemacs-mule, which in turn installs xemacs?  To get
    around this, I unpacked apel-xemacs-mule, copied the appropriate files
    to ${PREFIX}lib/xemacs/site-lisp/apel and the xemacs install went
    fine.

I'm a little swamped with a paper I have to have out by Friday, otherwise
I'd poke around and see if I could better understand what's going on here.
If nothing happens by then, I'll try to have a look.

Regards,

Brian