Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:05:36 -0700
From:      Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org, Yu-Shun Wang <yushunwa@ISI.EDU>
Subject:   Re: ARP & IP fragments

Lars Eggert wrote:

> we're seeing a strange thing happening, related to ARP and IP fragments.

It seems that Bill Paul saw the same thing back in 1998
(http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg.php3?msg_id=822366&list=165) but I
couldn't find wheter this was ever resolved or not.

Correction:

> The IP protocol stats (netstat -s -p ip) go up correctly on ifc, "output
> datagrams fragmented" by 1 and "fragments created" by 3. The fragments

                                                               ^
                                                            first two

> never seem to make it into bpf or out on the wire though, and I see no

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse@isi.edu>               Information Sciences Institute
http://www.isi.edu/larse/              University of Southern California