Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:18:46 +0100
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        Lee Mark Mercado <mercadolee@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sound (sound blaster live)

Lee Mark Mercado wrote:

> im having problem making my sound card to work as a user and not as a root -
> as a root my sound is working perfectly fine.
>
> am i missing something in the configuration ? im new at this - so, im sure
> im missing something important.

I'm not 100% sure, but if you haven't compiled sound support into your kernel
you must be root for having sound, as then the sound modules are used instead
with kldload. To load a module you have to be root.

Maybe this is correct, or maybe not. I'm not, as I said in the beginning, 100%
sure. :-)

Best regards,
Paul