Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:25:04 -0500
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>, Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>, FreeBSD-Gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mozilla's so slow!

Sorry to chime in so late, but try any site at vanguard.com
(www.vanguard.com), or any site that does advertising with
doubleclick.net, such as the www.washingtonpost.com. Watch the status
bar as it attempts to resolve ad.doubleclick.net; it takes at least 40
seconds, and during that time, all other mozilla windows are blocked.
(That is the worst thing!)

I think the problem is that these sites use a DNS with a broken IPv6
implementation that wreaks havoc with mozilla.

A workaround is to compile a kernel with IPv6 disabled. Mozilla works
fine, then.

--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com