Date:      Fri, 29 Feb 2008 01:44:43 +0100
From:      "Danny Pansters" <danny@ricin.com>
To:        Yuri Pankov <yuri.pankov@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kbtv2 sound saa.c

On Thursday 28 February 2008 08:20:11 you wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:42:38AM +0100, Danny Pansters wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 February 2008 18:55:56 you wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > thanks for the hints, but I must admit that I'm totally lost here -
> > > where can I tweak sound carrier frequency?
> >
> > There doesn't seem to be a canned-in way (only for setting NTSC vs PAL),
> > but Sidney's information gave me a second datapoint (for the actual value
> > to be set to "audio_options.sao_siffreq1"). It stands to logic that it's
> > not only a linear but also a proportional equation to convert the actual
> > freq to the required registry value. In terms of numbers I made it work,
> > and there seems to be a certain logic in terms of (audio) output
> > frequency.
> >
> > I think the attached patch will work for you, as well as for PAL I (UK)
> > and hopefully also for NTSC. The sif is switched when broadcast standard
> > gets changed.
> >
> > Here (B/G) it used to be that with other PAL variants the sound would
> > remain. With the current working version of the saa backend it gets noise
> > (most cases mixed with the actual original sound) if I switch away from
> > B/G to any other PAL type as well as if I switch to NTSC, then it gets a
> > heavy pulse-like noise. Once I switch back to B/G sound is ok again.
> >
> > Please try attached patches (1.93 working version, not beta3 yet) to
> > saa.c and saa.h.
>
> Doesn't help. I'll try to look at the code.
>
> There's another problem - I get panics with saa driver:
>
> panic: Trying sleep, but thread marked as sleeping prohibited
> cpuid = 0
> KDB: stack backtrace:
> db_trace_self_wrapper() at db_trace_self_wrapper+0x2a
> panic() at panic+0x17d
> sleepq_add() at sleepq_add+0x2e1
> _sx_slock_hard() at _sx_slock_hard+0x15d
> _sx_slock() at _sx_slock+0xc1
> pfind() at pfind+0x24
> saa_intr() at saa_intr+0x313
> ithread_loop() at ithread_loop+0xda
> fork_exit() at fork_exit+0x12a
> fork_trampoline() at fork_trampoline+0xe
> --- trap 0, rip = 0, rsp = 0xffffffffac3c0d30, rbp = 0 ---

Looks like 32->64 issue

> Uptime: 26m18s
> Physical memory: 2034 MB
> Dumping 190 MB: 175 159 143 127 111 95 79 63 47 31 15
>
> I can provide more details if needed.
>

> Yuri

I tried installing 7.0-REL/amd64 from the disc1-3 ISOs on a amd box I had
sitting around  (nvidia/asus  based A8N-SLI-SE board) but I can't even
reliably run X apps on it (e.g. firefox/konqueror quickly freeze the
screen...). Tier-1 my ass.

I also happen to have a ia64 box but I read it requires a serial console
because it has no syscons...

Dan