Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 05:19:43 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, cvsup-bugs@polstra.com
Subject:   cvsup only updates the CVSROOT directory

Hi!

This is really odd. The last four/five days, approximately
since the release of 4.1, my cvs tree does not get updated by
cvsup. I started see this after modifying my supfile to reflect
the move of the crypto stuff. Here's the simple supfile I use:

-----------------------------
# no tag= makes cvsup fetch the entire cvs tree
*default host=cvsup.no.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr/local/ncvs
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress

src-all
ports-all
doc-all
-------------------------------

When running cvsup -g -L 2 supfile, here's all that happens,
although I know for sure the src tree is not up to date (the
ports tree seems to be working fine, though).

$ cvsup -gL 2  /root/cvs-supfile
Parsing supfile "/root/cvs-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup.no.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup.no.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: REL_16_1
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection src-all/cvs
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
Updating collection doc-all/cvs
Shutting down connection to server

I have tried the -s switch, and also tried removing the
/usr/sup/src-all/checkouts file. Odd thing is, after removing
the checkout file, it only gets populated with records for
files in the CVSROOT dir, nothing else. Hence the file is just
a fraction of the expected size.

I have tried a range of different servers with the same result.

Anyone makes sense of this? Is this a cvsup bug? I'd rather not
refetch the entire tree...

I use latest cvsup-binary port, version 16.1.

Regards,
Palle