Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:47:57 -0800
From:      Christopher Kelley <bsd@kelleycows.com>
To:        Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does 802.11b use a lot of resources?

Vince wrote:

>I'm not sure if this is still the case but..
>Have a read of this thread,
>http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-May/027476.html
>Basicly set your wireless to ad-hoc mode and see if that
>resolves the issue. It did for me (had an old p133 laptop acting as my
>Access point until it died, and that was fine.)
>
>Vince

Thanks for the idea, but no joy.  Converted over to ad-hoc mode and got
the same results.  I did read through the thread you linked to, and I'm
inclined to believe it's still a driver issue, although I have no way to
prove that.  I'm not a programmer, so I wouldn't even know how to patch
the code as was suggested.  I saw someone started to port a program
called rssadap from NetBSD, but the link provided didn't work anymore.

Time to call for a waaahmbulance then, I guess I'm stuck with the low
throughput, cause I can't fix it myself. :(

Thanks for trying though.

Christopher