Date:      Sat, 3 Jul 1999 10:04:57 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Christopher Johnson <cjohnson@wcug.wwu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CCD (RAID) disks

On Friday,  2 July 1999 at 10:21:24 -0700, Christopher Johnson wrote:
> I'm using 3.2Release, and I was hoping someone could point me to a
> tutorial on setting up ccd disks.

Forget ccd and take a look at http://www.lemis.com/vinum.html.
There's also a section on Vinum in "The Complete FreeBSD".

> I've got two 4.2 GB SCSI disks I'd like to mirror.  I read man ccd
> and man ccdconfig, but I'm just not getting it.  I'd especially like
> to know if I can boot from a ccd disk.

No, you can't boot from ccd, and you can't boot from Vinum (yet).  The
reason for both is that the driver won't fit in the bootstrap.  I'm
working on getting Vinum bootable.

Greg