Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:26:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      FreeBSD@jovi.net
To:        cjc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/33904: secure mode bug

Thanks for your reply.
I suggest escalating the trouble.
Correct time is mission-critical on many systems
and this is an issue of unreliable service under FreeBSD.

A settimeofday other than that programmed is worse than doing nothing.
Three orders of magnitude is a complete failure by every reasonable standard.
Breaking date, ntpdate, ntpd, ... is a reliable indication of severe failure.
These programs now need rewriting to operate reliably.

		Cheers
			--Devon
	 /"\
	 \ /	 ASCII Ribbon Campaign