Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:01:38 -0700
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        up@3.am
Cc:        OrbitalNet Office <darren@office.orbitalnet.co.uk>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: corenic

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 06:26:13PM -0400, up@3.am wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, OrbitalNet Office wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to register a Nameserver with corenic ?
>
> AFAIK, you don't.  You use a corenic registrar.  I use
> http://www.joker.com  good reseller agreement, too.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet found a CORE registrar (other than
NSI) who has all of their forms and scripts in order so that
changes can quickly and easily be made on the web or with
encoded email.  I got suckered in by domainbank.net's pretty
homepage and didn't realize until after I paid them that, in order
to make changes, I have to contact their support team so that
they can manually change the records.

I also found out that transfers between registrars aren't being
handled on a COREwide basis, but through individual agreements
between registrars.  (At least, that's what the domainbank rep
told me.)  Argh!!!

If anyone knows of a CORE registrar that offers superior service,
this is the time to let me know... please!

Regards,

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                    "Very funny, Scotty.
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com              Now beam down my clothes."