Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 13:45:17 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        atr@pobox.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt848 questions

Hi,

Good to hear that you are having fun with our Bt848 driver.

Due to the PCI bus bandwith limitation, you can only have two
bt848 cards going at full blast in your system. The driver
from the beginning was written to support up to 16 cards and I have tested
the driver with three cards on a system . Beyond two cards
it is difficult for the PCI bus to serve more cards.

Bt848 cards tend to be fairly generic and differ mostly in the tuner
components.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio