Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:07:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount_nfs hanging in sbwait

:This message is in MIME format
:--_=XFMail.1.3.1.p0.FreeBSD:991027100038:23974=_
:
:Hi,
:I upgraded my -current box a few days ago, and now whenever I boot it hangs
:mounting the NFS FS's.. Pressing ctrl-T reveals its stuck in sbwait, if I press
:ctrl-C then it finishes booting, and all the NFS mounts work except one :-/
:
:Also, when I run gqmpeg I notice it will start playing one song (and actually
:play it because another process does the work), get stuck in sbwait and then I
:will not be able to do anything with it.
:
:I realise the problem report is very vague, but I have no idea where to look!
:I've attached my kernel config file and dmesg.boot file.
:
:
:/usr/home /usr/ports and /local0 work, but /rusr hangs in (you guessed it)
:sbwait.
:
:All NFS mounts are mounted with the options 'rw,bg,resvport,intr,soft,tcp'

    I've noticed that when one reboots a client, TCP nfs mounts often hang
    for a bit.  I think this is due to the previous tcp mount not being
    cleared on the server.  I'm not sure why it hangs.

    But, I have also noticed that the tcp mount comes back after a few
    minutes.  Try waiting a few minutes and it should clear itself up.  This
    happens quite often when I reboot my diskless workstation.

    I presume that after you come up you can mount /rusr manually (via tcp)
    and it works -- that this isn't a total failure.  If you can *never* get
    that mount to work there may be a problem with the /etc/exports file on
    the server.

						-Matt

:--_=XFMail.1.3.1.p0.FreeBSD:991027100038:23974=_
:
:Q29weXJpZ2h0IChjKSAxOTkyLTE5OTkgVGhlIEZyZWVCU0QgUHJvamVjdC4KQ29weXJpZ2h0IChj
:KSAxOTgyLCAxOTg2LCAxOTg5LCAxOTkxLCAxOTkzCglUaGUgUmVnZW50cyBvZiB0aGUgVW5pdmVy

    (p.s. try to avoid mime-encoding email you post to the list).